Covid-19 & Lockdown - please read
COVID-19 and LOCKDOWN: England is now in lockdown and everyone must adhere to the lockdown restrictions to ensure that all our children, siblings, parents, carers and staff (and their families) are protected as far as we are able. Pre-schools have been instructed to remain open and we are working out what we will do if funding is withdrawn for non-attending children. Please refresh your memory by reading the reminders about procedures below. Staff will be discreetly reminding anyone who is not complying with the rules and guidelines. Staff are wearing masks when indoors. The verandah door and windows are kept open and as much time as possible is spent outdoors. There were problems with the garden in December as it became very muddy and slippery but we are working on solutions to this. There will be some extra forest school sessions in January and February - please see the diary dates at the end of this newsletter.
● Everyone must adhere to Lockdown restrictions and any further changes as and when they are announced;
● All members of your household must follow current regulations and guidance regarding self-isolation and engage with Test and Trace;
● Children must not attend pre-school if they are unwell, this includes coughs, colds, raised temperatures and runny noses as the virus can present differently in children;
● Notify pre-school immediately if your child is displaying any coronavirus symptoms (high temperature, new continuous cough or loss/change in sense of smell or taste) and/or they are having a test. Let us know the result.
● If someone in your household displays symptoms and/or tests positive, your child cannot attend pre-school;
● Children's temperatures will be taken on arrival;
● Only one parent/carer when dropping off or collecting to minimise the number of people congregating outside the pre-school;
● Parents/carers must wear a mask or face covering on school premises;
● Wait 2 metres apart outside the pre-school;
● Leave lunch boxes on the trolley outside and collect from there later;
● Notes/payments can be left with staff on the door or posted in the black letterbox (sanitise hands before and after).
● Go to the NHS website for further information: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
TWICE WEEKLY TESTING: On 5 April, the Prime Minister announced that from 9 April all people in England will be able to access twice weekly rapid tests for coronavirus.
The next visits will be on Monday 5 July and Tuesday 13 July. Please return consent forms as soon as possible. If your child stays all day, they will be collected at the normal time (3.10 pm) from the pre-school.
LEAVERS’ PICNIC: Our leavers and their families are invited to our LEAVERS’ PICNIC on Saturday 24 July on the school field. The proceedings get off to an early start at 8.50 am with singing and presentations to leavers. The children usually sit under the canopy at the front entrance and families sit opposite so they can watch.
The May Lolly Stall raised £52.80. Thank you everyone for your support